Sunday, November 19, 2006

Technology open door

Here's technology for you. I've had trouble connecting all week. Why, you ask? It's because of my family cat. You see, in order to keep the cat out of my space, I act real nice an lure her to the basement to feed her and then shut the door to the basement so she doesn't bother me. It just so happens my router is in the basement, a remnant of my old office being there. I just discovered that if I keep the door open I get an excellent signal. If I close it, I can't get much of a signal.

Cat - 1, Jim - 0

How we relate to technology is really absurd at times. Many of us are unsure how to deal with it and then you go to your tech guy at work and tell him the printer is broken and you've done all the book tells you to do in the trouble shooting section. He tells you to turn it off, count to 15 (hard for us English teachers) and turn it back on. It works. Now I realize all my connectivity issues are related to something as simple as a closed door. Meow.

No comments: