Sunday, November 12, 2006

Election overload

I like how spazeboy let blogs speak for themselves. I thought this was helpful, informative, and true to the early ideas of blogging.

MyDD was also informative; however, it was depressing to see that Hillary Clinton is the front runner for the 2008 nomination. I just don’t think that she will bring people together. There is so much baggage and animosity – too many questions concerning ambition and decisions to ignore marital infidelity. What else will be ignored to gain the brass ring?

It was great to see Colin’s article linked by Matt Stoller. The article is a cross between 1984 and the Animal Farm. Napoleon and the dogs will be teaching us from now on. The Lamont bloggers are arriving only to be rounded up and sent to the glue factory. Actually, after reading the Lamont related blogs, the victorious rout and revenge would not have been much different if Ned had won – Snowball, Napoleon…Trotsky, Lenin...Ned, Joe…hmmm.

I never was a Pelosi fan; in fact, I was scared at the thought of her as Speaker (yes, I have listened to Rush this last week). However, after seeing her at work and reading about her on Daily Kos and MyDD, I feel better. I am pleased to see her support of John Mutha – talk about odd couples. I saw a piece with the Salon editor in which she pointed out how Pelosi is not your typical San Francisco liberal – she will surprise people. She look tough and could take the cream puff Rush out in the first round if given a fair fight – fat chance (pun intended). As an aside, I still find MyDD and Kos hard to grapple with – too much and too crowded.

I love connecticutlocalpolitics. It’s informative and easy to use, and it linked Colin. As I have been reading these sites, my hope for Lieberman moderating his views are evaporating. It started with his speech, then his press conference, and now the I/D after his name – someone has to kick the pedestal. He’ll be starting his Presidential bid before we know it.

This exercise has been helpful in that taking the time to look at multiple blogs allows you to see patterns of information emerging. This can’t happen when you view limited numbers of medium. One does have to be careful – I think it is equally important to see what the other side is saying, and to read and listen to them. I get a lot when I listen to Rusk or Sean (or my father). The blogs, coupled with traditional media, give us a range of information upon which to dwell and then act.

No comments: