Sunday, November 19, 2006

Homework - connected at last.

First, I liked everyone and appreciated their sincerity and true interest in people and trying to do what was right. I would say I related most to genghis conn, the librarian. I felt he was a thoughtful person who was straight forward and honest; a person who was unafraid to voice an opinion or opposition but thought before he spoke. I believe he is truthful when he states that he is trying to create a forum for discussion and information. The nature of his work lends itself to such a goal. As I said before we met them all, I really liked Connecticut Local Politics. In fact, just last night I referred my neighbors to the site as a source of reasonably objective information and insight. The issue had to do with who voted for Lieberman and the role of independent voters in the election. Little did I know it would be a topic of today’s entry?

The article in today’s Courant only reinforces my opinion about him. I can relate to his information driven style and the way he weaves it into a story. The interesting stuff is, many times, in the small details of history. I’m a history buff and always am struck but how such huge events turn on some small detail – a captured missive, animosity between two people, illness, egos. I have to wonder, though, would Chris have been able to achieve his current status without blogging. I would so not. I think he is a creature of this media and his knowledge had given him a unique edge, which, by the way, benefits all of us since we need people like him and his colleagues to open new doors to old rooms.

No comments: