Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Something wiki this way comes

So there I am looking up the phone number for my son's school, East Catholic, on-line, and I see that the school has a Wikipedia entry. I looked and laughed. Jason was right - there is a little mischief in many entry's. The last two lines made a comment about how the students were not happy because the administration's values were being imposed on them. When I went to pick up my son, I walked in and mentioned it to a teacher I know, which led to a discussion on why students should never use Wikipedia. That was about 2:45. I'm home writing this entry two hours later and I went to copy the funny lines for this entry. Presto, chango, the hand of the Almighty is at work, and no longer is administration imposing itself on students, but

" In our education of the whole person, we value academic excellence, personal growth and social commitment. The success of the Catholic educational endeavor depends on the belief, commitment and participation of faculty, staff, administration and students in collaboration with parents and the wider community. In keeping with this philosophy, East Catholic admits students of any race, creed or ethnic origin."

I wonder how long that will stay up. I'll make it my project to guard the ECHS entry with my digital life.

2 comments:

Kindel said...

Do you think the teacher you mentioned it to changed it?

littleaboutlittle said...

lednik:

I believe she spoke to someone who changed it. Apparently, I wasn't the first person to tell someone about the site.