Friday, March 16, 2007

REI


Went to the REI Cranston store opening - what a great store and great people. It made me realize I would enjoy that aspect of development work. I like meeting new people and learning new things. I also enjoy the hunt aspect of selling and developing. REI was impressive, not just the store, but the corporate culture. The CFPA Board meeting the evening before was also interesting. I think the Pinchot/Muir play is a real opportunity to promote out mission of saving open space and trails.


After REI, I went to Gallery Night at Cathy's. It was fun. I forget how impressive she is and how wonderful her gallery has become. Why do we take our siblings for granted? Auntie Ev and Baka were there and it was so pleasant sitting and visiting. It is so wonderful to have people like Auntie Ev in my life. I see her once or twice a year but it's as if we had just visited the day before. The sense of belonging is great - I realize I'll never stop being a Rhode Islander. Baka and Pop looked great - I'm blessed to have them.

No comments: