Friday, April 06, 2007

Peter


How grateful I am for Peter. I see him as a true gift to all of us, so passionate, and weak, and sinful, and, finally, triumphed in his commitment at the end. I find him a great comfort since he walked with Christ, heard His words, saw His work, experienced His miracles, and yet still denied Christ three times. It seems he is not better than Judas as that point. The huge difference is that Peter believed in God's message of forgiveness and wept bitter tears of regret, while Judas chose death. I truly hope that somehow Judas recognizes his mistake and accepts God's grace. It seems that His love and forgiveness is so vast we can never imagine it, so vast even His betrayer is welcome to it. The gift of Peter is that he is so much like all of us and yet overcame his obstacles in the end. Caravaggio's image is him is so wonderful. You can he is strength and that wonderful attitude where he asked to be crucified upside down because he is not worthy to die like Christ. I hope I some day can have his faith and strength and also hope I am never tested as he was..

No comments: